Earlier today, the official Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress anime website updated with a new key visual for upcoming sequel film Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Unato Decisive Battle (Kōtetsujō no Kabaneri: Unato Kessen), as well as details on the film’s theme song.
The image features the main cast, posing in the howling snow as Mumei takes point with her weapon. The visage of the film’s antagonist looms in the background.
EGOIST will return to perform the film’s theme song, Sakase ya Sakase (Bloom and Bloom).
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Unato Decisive Battle hits theaters later this year.
Tetsuro Araki (Attack on Titan, Death Note) will direct the film and write the screenplay at Wit Studio, with Yasuyuki Ebara providing character designs.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Chief Animation Director: Yasuyuki Ebara
- Original Character Design: Haruhiko Mikimoto
- Series Composition: Ichiro Okouchi
- Sub-Character Design: Tomomi Ozaki
- Sub-Character Design: Ryō Yamauchi
- Concept Art: Yo Shimizu
- Concept Art: You Moriyama
- Design Works: Ippei Gyobu
- Design Works: Takuma Ebisu
- Design Works: Gorou Murata
- Prop Design: Shinobu Tsuneki
- Prop Design: Shinichi Yoshikawa
- Prop Design: Erika Nishihara
- Art Design: Akihiro Hirasawa
- Art Design: Yuuho Taniuchi
- Art Design: Tomomi Sugimoto
- Make-Up Animator: Chu Aika
- Make-Up Animator: Ryoko Mita
- Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
- Color Design: Ken Hashimoto
- 3D Director: Shigenori Hoshizumi
- 3D Director: Kana Imagaki
- Director of Photography: Kazuhiro Yamada
- Editor: Fumi Hida
- Sound Director: Masafumi Mima
- Sound Effects: Shizuo Kurahashi
- Sound Effects: Naoto Yamatani
- Music: Hiroyuki Sawano
- Production: Kabaneri Production Committee
- Distribution: Shochiku Media Division
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Ikoma: Tasuku Hatanaka
- Mumei: Sayaka Senbongi
- Ayame: Maaya Uchida
- Kurusu: Toshiki Masuda
- Kajika: Kanae Oki
- Yukina: Mariya Ise
- Sukari: Ryota Ohsaka
- Kibito: Kensuke Satou
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress is an original series from Wit Studio. Tetsuro Araki (Attack on Titan, Death Note) directed the show, while Yasuyuki Ebara provided character designs. Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Planetes) was in charge of series composition, while Hiroshi Seko (Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill) wrote the scripts. Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill) scored the show’s soundtrack.
The series, which aired in the Spring 2016 season, streamed exclusively on Amazon Prime’s digital platform (pre-Anime Strike). Funimation released the title on home video on January 16. they describe the show as:
The world is overrun with Kabane, zombie-like creatures with an appetite for human flesh. While the last of humanity has retreated into fortress-like stations connected by armored trains, there are a few that remain as hopeful as Ikoma. Although he services the trains for a living, Ikoma has created a new weapon that he believes could defeat the Kabane.
Sources: Comic Natalie