Earlier today, the final episode of The Promised Neverland anime aired on Fuji TV’s Noitamina block. The end of the episode featured a short teaser trailer, which confirms that the show will return for a second season in 2020.
The Promised Neverland started airing on January 9.
Memoru Kanbe (Elfen Lied, Sound of the Sky) directed the series at Cloverworks, with Kazuaki Shimada (Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara) providing character designs. Toshiya Ono (Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga, Gatchaman CROWDS) was in charge of series composition.
Takahiro Obata (One Piece Film Gold) will score the soundtrack. Other confirmed crew members include:
- Screenplay: Toshiya Ono
- Animation Director: Kazuaki Shimada
- Prop Design: Hiroki Itai
- Art Setting: Shigemi Ikeda (Atelier Musa)
- Art Setting: Shūichi Ōkubo (Atelier Musa)
- Art Setting: Kayoko Tomono (Atelier Musa)
- Art Setting: Miho Norisue (Atelier Musa)
- Art Director: Shigemi Ikeda (Atelier Musa)
- Art Director: Yukiko Maruyama (Atelier Musa)
- Color Design: Kazuko Nakashima
- Director of Photography: Tomoyuki Shiokawa (T2Studio)
- CGI Director: Akira Fukuda
- Editor: Rie Matsubara (Seyama Henshūshitsu)
- Sound Director: Katsunori Shimizu
Aniplex of America currently holds the rights to The Promised Neverland anime. Crunchyroll streamed the show as a simulcast, and describe it as:
The one adored as the mother is not the real parent. The people living here together are not actual siblings. The Gracefield House is where orphaned children live. An irreplaceable home where 38 siblings and Mom live happy lives, even with no blood relations. However, their everyday life suddenly came to an abrupt end one day…
Source: Comic Natalie