Earlier today, the official High School Fleet anime website updated with a new trailer and visual, as well as the main staff and cast for the film.
We break the details down below.
The image flies through shots of the main cast members and cuts of various naval vessels, as an upbeat march plays in the background.
The image features Akeno Misaki and Mashiro Munetani standing in ankle-deep water as a lazy sunset hangs in the sky.
Jun Nakagawa will direct the film at A-1 Pictures, with Yuu Nobuta (Katana Maidens: Mini Toji, High School Fleet TV) working at chief director. Naoto Nakamura (The Prince of Smiles, High School Fleet TV Series) is providing character designs, while the team of Takaaki Suzuki and Kunihiko Okada will co-write the script.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Music: Shigeo Komori (F.M.F.)
- Mechanical Design: Kenji Teraoka
- Sub-Character Design: Keisuke Watanabe
- Prop Design: Hisashi Tojima
- Original Concept: Takaaki Suzuki
- Original Character Design: Atto
- Color design: Hitomi Ikeda
- Art design: Hideyasu Narita (Kusanagi)
- Art director: Shingo Kanai (Kusanagi)
- 3D CGI Director: Shinichi Miyakaze (Graphinica)
- 3D CGI Animation Director: Kazuma Nakato (Graphinica)
- Modeling Director: Isao Matsunaga (Graphinica)
- Director of Photography: Koujirou Hayashi (Graphinica)
- Editor: Masato Yoshitake (Graphinica)
- Sound Director: Hiroto Morishita
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Akeno “Mike” Misaki: Shiina Natsukawa
- Mashiro “Shiro” Munetani: Lynn
- Shima “Tama” Tateishi: Nozomi Furuki
- Mei Irizaki: Atsumi Tanezaki
- Kōko Nosa: Yūko Kurose
- Rin Shiretoko: Yurika Kubo
- Miharu SawadaHikari Ogasawara
- Michiru Takeda: Hitomi Kikuchi
- Junko Heki: Minami Tanaka
- Ritsuko Matsunaga: Yuka Maruyama
- Kayoko Himeji: Rui Tanabe
- Kaede Marikōji: Sakura Nakamura
- Satoko Katsuta: Chisato Satsuki
- Hideko Yamashita: Yō Taichi
- Mayumi Uchida: Emi Miyajima
- Tsugumi Yagi: Nanami Yamashita
- Megumi Uda: Akane Fujita
- Machiko Noma: Yu Kobayashi
- Maron Yanagiwara: Natsumi Takamori
- Hiromi Kuroki: Natsuki Aikawa
- Reo Wakasa: Ayaka Shimizu
- Sakura Ise: Sanae Fuku
- Runa Suruga: Ari Ozawa
- Sora Hirota: Sayaka Kaneko
- Hime Wazumi: Hiyori Nitta
- Momo Aoki: Ayuru Ōhashi
- Mikan Irako: Momo Asakura
- Akane Kinesaki: Kanae Itō
- Homare Kinesaki: Kanae Itō
- Mimi Tōmatsu: Airi Ootsu
- Minami Kaburagi: Kana Asumi
- Moeka China: Sora Amamiya
- Isoroku: Satoshi Tsuruoka
- Wilhelmina B. I. Friedeburg: Hiromi Igarashi
- Thea Kreutze: Chitose Morinaga
- Yui Fujita: Ayaka Shimizu
- Sango Sugimoto: Sanae Fuku
The High School Fleet film will open in 2020.
The High School Fleet anime originally aired on April 7, 2016. Yuu Nobuta (A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd) directed the project at Production IMS, with Naoto Nakamura providing character designs. Reiko Yoshida (The Cat Returns, Girls und Panzer) was in charge of series composition for the show.
The title spawned an OVA, which hit retailers in 2017.
Aniplex of America currently holds the domestic rights to the High School Fleet anime. They describe the title as:
Living by the sea, protecting the sea, and journeying across the sea…They’re the BLUE MERMAIDS! Because of a shift in tectonic plates around 100 years ago, Japan lost much of its area to submergence. To preserve Japan’s territories, Coastal Cities sprung up, one after the other. Eventually, they became Marine Cities, and along with the expansion of sea-lanes to connect them, the need arose for a sizable staff to protect the seas. At the same time, maritime jobs were becoming more popular among women. Hence, the BLUE MERMAIDS, tasked with keeping the seas safe, had become every female student’s dream job. This is when childhood friends Akeno Misaki and Moeka China enroll in a marine high school in Yokosuka, along with other girls who share their goal of “BECOMING A BLUE MERMAID.”