It’s been a few months since we’ve talked about this series on Anime Herald so let’s fix that, shall we?
Earlier today, the third promotional video for the upcoming series Kabuki-cho Sherlock hit the internet. The series is set to premiere during the Fall 2019 season in the Animeism television block.
The original project from famed studio Production I.G, as the name implies, will be set in a fictionalized version of Shinjuku’s Kabuki-chō district. Production I.G. describes the series as:
Shinjuku ward, east side… In the heart of this chaotic city, the neon lights that blanket Kabuki-chō are expanding. As the lights shine brighter, the shadows grow darker. The curtain rises on this night stage, where bizarre murders take place! Suspense? No comedy? An indistinguishable drama is about to begin.
In the new 103 second trailer, the audience is treated to all sorts of different bloody visuals to whet the appetite of mystery fans around the world.
The cast members that have already been announced are as follows:
- Sherlock Holmes: Katsuyuki Konishi
- John H. Watson: Yūichi Nakamura
- James Moriarty: Seiichirō Yamashita
- Fuyuto Kyogoku: Sōma Saitō
- Mary Morstan: Nao Tōyama
- Lucy Morstan: Mariko Higashiuchi
- Michel Belmont: Yutaka Aoyama
- Toratarō Kobayashi: Tatsumaru Tachibana
- Mrs. Hudson: Junichi Suwabe
Via Comic Natalie