On July 19, the official Evangelion website updated with a teaser trailer for upcoming film Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 (Shin Evangelion Gekijōban:||). The 34-second promo features ominous visuals of Evangelions and other setpieces set to red backgrounds, before ending with a character tease that ends with Kaworu.
Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 hits Japanese theaters in June 2020.
The confirmed staff members include:
- Key Animation: Syūichi Iseki
- In-Between Animation: Studio Khara
- Color Setting: Kazuko Kikuchi (Wish)
- Background Art: Tatsuya Kushida (Deho Gallary)
- CGI Modeling Director: Manabu Kobayashi
- CGI Animation Director: Yusuke Matsui
- CGI Technical Director: Takashi Suzuki
- Rigging: Tsubasa Takabe
- CGI Animation: Masanori Iwasato
- CGI Animation: Ryōichi Nakama
- Photography: Nanae Hirabayashi
- Photography: Hiroaki Yabe
- Photography: Toyonori Yamada
- Monitor Graphics: Hiroyasu Kobayashi
Hideaki Anno is listed as original creator, while Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is credited as Original Character Designer.
Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 was originally slated to hit Japanese theaters in 2015. The film’s title was originally unveiled in 2012. At the time, it was explained that the :|| was a musical symbol to denote repetition at the end of a measure.
To date, three films have been produced in the Rebuild of Evangelion line:
- Evangelion 1.0: You Are [Not] Alone (2007)
- Evangelion 2.0: You Can [Not] Advance (2009)
- Evangelion 3.0: You Can [Not] Redo (2012)
The first ten minutes of Evangelion 3.0+1.0 were shown worldwide on July 6.
Funimation currently holds the domestic rights to all three features. The company released Evangelion 3.0 on Blu-Ray in North America in 2016. The Blu-Ray, was delayed from a planned September 2013 launch, was co-produced by Studio Khara.
Source: Twitter (pKjd)