Earlier today, the official Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These anime website updated with two trailers for the show’s upcoming second season, along with fifteen cast members.
We break the details down below.
Two videos were revealed: a character trailer, which highlights the returning cast members, and a three-minute New Cast teaser, which highlights the fifteen new players.
New Cast Promo
The series will add the following:
- Otho von Braunschweig: Jiro Saito
- Wilhelm von Littenheim: Eiji Hanawa
- Alfred von Landsberg: Masayoshi Sugawara
- Grand Bishop of the Terraist Church: Ikkyuu Juku
- Legrange: Yasuhiro Mamiya
- Bronze: Kousuke Takaguchi
- Bernhard von Schneider: Daisuke Hirakawa
- Arthur von Streit: Kenji Yamauchi
- Anton Fellner: Isshin Chiba
- Leopold Schumacher: Hisanori Koyatsu
- Dawson: Takaya Kuroda
- Kubersly: Toshitsugu Takashina
- Nguyen Van Huu: Kenta Miyake
- Baghdash: Shigeru Ushiyama
- Boris Konev: Masami Kikuchi
The second season, which will be collectively titled The Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These Seiran (The New Thesis: Stellar War), will screen as three films. Each feature will have a runtime equivalent to four TV episodes. The premiere dates are as follows:
The first season aired in the Spring 2018 broadcast season.
Shunsuke Tada (Kuroko’s Basketball, Starmyu) is directing the project at Production I.G., with the team of Yoko Kikuchi (El Cazador de la Bruja, Junjō Romantica), Iwao Teraoka (Japan Animator Expo), and Katsura Tsushima providing character designs. Noboru Takagi (Baccano!, Kuroko’s Basketball) is in charge of series composition.
Other crew members include:
- Original Concept: Yoshiki Tanaka
- Chief Animation Director: Takayuki Goto
- Special Effects Director: Atsushi Takeuchi
- Mechanical Design: Atsushi Takeuchi
- Mechanical Design: Shinji Usui
- Mechanical Design: Shimon Ashikaga
- Original Mechanical Design: Naoyuki Kato
- Supervision: Wright Staff
- Planning Cooperation: Kitty Entertainment
- Production Cooperation: Tokuma Shoten
- Production Cooperation: DMM pictures
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a long-running anime series, based on Yoshiki Tanaka’s influential series of sci-fi novels. It was a passion project by late director Noboru Ishiguro (Macross, Megazone 23), and his Artland anime studio. Ishiguro spent over a decade adapting the works as OVAs and theatrical films. Over 100 installments were made between 1988 and 2000.
Sadly, he passed away in 2012, due to a lung infection.
Crunchyroll streamed the first season of Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These in North America. They describe the title as:
Thousands of years into the future, humanity has advanced into space. Here it has divided into two countries and two different forms of government: the autocracy of the Galactic Empire, and the democracy of the Free Planets Alliance. The countries have been at war for 150 years. Near the end of the 8th age of the space calendar, the appearance of two geniuses will change history forever. The unstoppable genius, Reinhard von Lohengramm, and the unbeatable magician, Yang Wen-li. As heads of the Imperial and Alliance armies respectively, the two will face each other in battle over and over again.
Source: Comic Natalie