Earlier today, Sega started streaming a new teaser trailer for upcoming PlayStation 4 game Sakura Wars (2019). The one-and-a-half minute promo dives into the series’ lore, as it highlights the conflict between the Imperial Combat Revue and the demonic Kouma. The teaser also introduces high demons Oboro and Yaksha.
Sakura Wars (2019) will ship worldwide on Sony’s PlayStation 4 console on April 28. The first run of the game will be packaged as a “Launch Edition” that includes a reversible cover and a sticker sheet, as well as the Stage Costume DLC. A digital deluxe edition is also planned, which will include the “Legacy of Love” classic costumes DLC, the Swimsuit Bundle DLC, the Charming Accessories DLC Bundle, the Neko Ears bundle, and a dynamic PS4 theme.
The title launched in Japan on December 12, 2019. The title, which is available on Sony’s PlayStation 4 console, sold through 166,771 as of January 13, according to Famitsu.
Upcoming anime series Sakura Wars (2019) The Animation will hit Japanese TV on April 3. Funimation will stream the series in North America, the United Kingdom, and Ireland, while Wakanim will offer the show in Europe.
The core voice cast includes:
- Seijūrō Kamiyama : Yōhei Azakami
- Sakura Amamiya: Ayane Sakura
- Hatsuho Shinonome: Maaya Uchida
- Azami Mochizuki: Hibiku Yamamura
- Anastasia Palma: Ayaka Fukuhara
- Claris: Saori Hayami
- Sumire Kanzaki: Michie Tomizawa
- Reiji Shiba: Tomikazu Sugita
- Kaoru Rindou: Yui Ishikawa
- Komachi Ooba: Ryoko Shiraishi
- Yang Shaolong: Yuuichirou Umehara
- Yui Huang: Sumire Uesaka
- Arthur: Nobunaga Shimazaki
- Lancelot: Manami Numakura
- Yaksha: Chisa Yokoyama
- Elise: Nana Mizuki
- Margarethe: Rie Kugimiya
Bleach creator Tite Kubo provided the original character designs, while Jiro Ishii (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Under the Dog) was in charge of the story structure. Series composer Kohei Tanaka (Sakura Wars franchise, One Piece, Mobile Fighter G Gundam) returned to score the game’s soundtrack.
Other staff members include:
- Script: Takaaki Suzuki (Girls und Panzer, Strike Witches)
- Setting and Scenario Summary: Takanobu Terada
- Development Director: Tetsuya Ootsubo
- Producer: Tetsu Kitano
- Character Visual Setting: Masashi Kudou
- Main Mechanical Designer: Mika Akitaka
- Executive Producer: Haruki Satomi
- Original Concept: Ohji Hiroi
Sega describes Sakura Wars (2019) as:
The stage is set in a steampunk version of 1940s Imperial Tokyo. Only a short while ago, a cataclysmic event destroyed the Imperial Combat Revue of Tokyo, the capital’s global defense force stationed at the Imperial Theater. Now home to the Flower Division, an inept rookie squad who also strives to impart hope on the citizenry with their theatrical talents, the theater has fallen on hard times and risks closure. It’s up to Seijuro Kamiyama as the captain of the new Tokyo revue to lead his squad and restore the Imperial Combat Revue and the theater back to their former glory! With the help of the revue’s five colorful performers, he must rise to the challenge of competing in the Combat Revue World Games, protecting the inhabitants of Tokyo and getting the theater back on track.
Source: Twitter (Sega)