Earlier today, the Japanese patent office updated with four new Sakura Wars trademarks, which were filed on April 16. According to the site, the publisher filed the following marks:
- Sakura Wars B.L.A.C.K. (Sakura Taisen B.L.A.C.K.)
- Sakura Restoration (Sakura Isshin)
- Sakura Revolution (Sakura Kakumei)
The filings for Sakura Wars B.L.A.C.K., Sakura Restoration, and Sakura Revolution, include video games, optical discs, ROM Cartridges, and other recording media as intended usages.
Sakura Wars (2019) shipped worldwide on Sony’s PlayStation 4 console on April 28. The title launched in Japan on December 12, 2019. The title, which is available on Sony’s PlayStation 4 console, sold through 166,771 as of January 13, according to Famitsu.
Sequel anime series Sakura Wars (2019) The Animation hit Japanese TV on April 3, with Funimation streaming the title in North America, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. Wakanim is offering the show in Europe.
The core voice cast includes:
- Seijūrō Kamiyama : Yōhei Azakami
- Sakura Amamiya: Ayane Sakura
- Hatsuho Shinonome: Maaya Uchida
- Azami Mochizuki: Hibiku Yamamura
- Anastasia Palma: Ayaka Fukuhara
- Claris: Saori Hayami
- Sumire Kanzaki: Michie Tomizawa
- Reiji Shiba: Tomikazu Sugita
- Kaoru Rindou: Yui Ishikawa
- Komachi Ooba: Ryoko Shiraishi
- Yang Shaolong: Yuuichirou Umehara
- Yui Huang: Sumire Uesaka
- Arthur: Nobunaga Shimazaki
- Lancelot: Manami Numakura
- Yaksha: Chisa Yokoyama
- Elise: Nana Mizuki
- Margarethe: Rie Kugimiya
Bleach creator Tite Kubo provided the original character designs, while Jiro Ishii (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Under the Dog) was in charge of the story structure. Series composer Kohei Tanaka (Sakura Wars franchise, One Piece, Mobile Fighter G Gundam) returned to score the game’s soundtrack.
Other staff members include:
- Script: Takaaki Suzuki (Girls und Panzer, Strike Witches)
- Setting and Scenario Summary: Takanobu Terada
- Development Director: Tetsuya Ootsubo
- Producer: Tetsu Kitano
- Character Visual Setting: Masashi Kudou
- Main Mechanical Designer: Mika Akitaka
- Executive Producer: Haruki Satomi
- Original Concept: Ohji Hiroi
Sega describes Sakura Wars (2019) as:
The stage is set in a steampunk version of 1940s Imperial Tokyo. Only a short while ago, a cataclysmic event destroyed the Imperial Combat Revue of Tokyo, the capital’s global defense force stationed at the Imperial Theater. Now home to the Flower Division, an inept rookie squad who also strives to impart hope on the citizenry with their theatrical talents, the theater has fallen on hard times and risks closure. It’s up to Seijuro Kamiyama as the captain of the new Tokyo revue to lead his squad and restore the Imperial Combat Revue and the theater back to their former glory! With the help of the revue’s five colorful performers, he must rise to the challenge of competing in the Combat Revue World Games, protecting the inhabitants of Tokyo and getting the theater back on track.