On November 18, anime fans will rediscover the floating city of Laputa, as Studio Ghibli’s Castle In The Sky returns to theaters for a two-day engagement. The film, which was helmed by living legend Hayao Miyazaki, is a landmark of animation that has influenced the industry in innumerable ways. From Final Fantasy to Wall-E, greats of anime and gaming alike have cited Laputa as an inspiration for their work.
Castle in the Sky tells the tale of Pazu, an engineer’s apprentice. One day, he spots a young woman falling, nay floating down from the sky, a mystical pendant holding her aloft. The woman, named Sheeta, seeks the legendary floating castle of Laputa. Together, the two begin a journey like no other toward Laputa, as they seek to solve the mysteries of the crystal. Their adventure is packed with peril, though, as the military strongmen, depraved sky pirates, and even government agents seek to claim the power for themselves.
Tickets for Castle in the Sky are on sale right now. The film will be shown on November 18, 19, and 20
Anime Herald is proud to work with GKIDS as a partner in spreading the word about this masterpiece. Moreover, the folks at GKIDS have prepared a pair of tickets to the show, which will go out to one lucky fan.
Enter by November 9 for a chance to win!
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Participants must be residents of the United States.
- The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Anime Herald or GKIDS.
- The contest ends on November 9, 2018 at 11:59PM Eastern (8:59PM Pacific)
- Winners will be able to select their preferred theater and date. A representative from our partners will reach out to confirm theater choices after the contest ends.
Header Image © 1986 Studio Ghibli