The demi-human approaches, but will humanity be ready?
The most recent issue of good! Afternoon announced that Gamon Sakurai’s Ajin: Demi-Human will receive an animated adaptation, which will span a full film trilogy.
The film will be helmed by chief director Hiroyuki Seshita and director Hiroshi Seko, who worked together on the first season of Knights of Sidonia, at Polygon Pictures. The rest of the crew is as follows:
- Series Composition: Hiroshi Seko (Seraph of the End)
- Production Design: Naoya Tanaka (Knights of Sidonia)
- Character Design: Yuki Moriyama
- Model Director: Mitsunori Kataama
- Art Director: Hiroshi Takiguchi
- Music Composition: Yuugo Kanno (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
Crunchyroll currently publishes the Ajin: Demi-Human manga series for its premium subscribers. The company describes the series as follows:
Seventeen years ago, an utterly immortal human was discovered on an African battlefield. Since then, more of these new and unknown life forms began to appear among mankind. These undying beings start to be known as “demi-humans.” One day, just before summer break, a Japanese boy leaving his high school is involved in a traffic accident that kills him on the spot. Then, he comes back to life. A huge bounty is placed on his capture. Now the boy’s attempt to evade all of mankind begins.
Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten! The promotional video is below: