μ’s, Music Start!
Earlier today, Love Live! fans received an update on the North American theatrical run for Love Live! The School Idol Movie. The film will open in 22 theaters across the United States on September 12. The film itself will be presented in the original Japanese, with English subtitles.
The full list of theaters is as follows:
- Tempe, AZ: Harkins Theatres – Valley Art
- Los Angeles, CA: Downtown Independent
- Sacramento, CA: Tower Theater
- San Francisco, CA: New People
- San Diego, CA: Carmel Mountain 12
- San Diego, CA: Gaslamp 15
- Littleton, CO: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Littleton
- Washington DC: Angelika Pop-Up
- Honolulu, HI: Ward Stadium 16
- Cambridge, MA: Brattle Theatre
- Bloomfield, MI: The Maple Theater
- Kansas City, MO: Alamo Drafthouse Mainstreet
- Manville, NJ: Manville 12 Plex
- New York, NY: Village East Cinema
- Williamsville, NY: Dipson Eastern Hills Cinema
- Columbus, OH: Gateway Film Center
- Dallas, TX: Angelika Film Center & Café – Dallas
- Katy, TX -: Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park
- San Antonio, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Westlakes
- Sandy, UT: Megaplex Theatres – Jordan Commons
- Fairfax, VA: Angelika Film Center & Café – Mosaic
- Seattle, WA: Grand Illusion Cinema
Tickets are now available for pre-order via each of the cinemas. Fans who order early will receive a special Love Live! bonus item.
The international run for Love Live! The School Idol Movie was announced in April, on the official Love Live! website. To celebrate the news, Honoka voice actress Emi Nitta delivered a short video message to fans across the globe:
The film opened in Japanese theaters on June 13 to great fanfare, earning over 400 million yen ($3,228,279.73 USD) in its first weekend. It continued to dominate last week, beating out Mad Max: Fury Road for the top spot, with earnings of 260 million yen ($2,098,381.82 USD).
For those who can’t wait for September, Lantis began streaming insert song Angelic Angel on their YouTube channel last week. You can check the video out below:
Source: Anime Herald