It’s the last Monogatari until the next Monogatari!
Fans watching the first episode of Owarimonogatari received a bit of a surprise. The episode ended with an announcement that the upcoming Kizumonogatari anime project is slated to be a trilogy of films. The first film, Kizumonogatari I Tekketsu-hen (Kizumonogatari I: Blood and Iron) will open on January 8, 2016.
Tickets go on sale on October 9. Participating theaters will offer a bonus clear file with ticket purchases, while supplies last.
The second and third films, Kizumonogatari II Nekketsu-hen (Kizumonogatari II: Passionate Blood) and Kizumonogatari III Reiketsu-hen (Kizumonogatari III: Cold Blood) will screen at a later date.
The confirmed productions staff for Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen is as follows:
- Original: Nisio Isin “Kizumonogatari” (Kodansha BOX)
- Supervising Director: Akiyuki Shinbo
- Director: Tatsuya Oishi
- Character Design: Akio Watanabe, Morioka Hideyuki
- Sound Director: Tsuruoka Yota
- Music: Satoru Kōsaki
- Animation Production: SHAFT
- Production: Aniplex, Kodansha, SHAFT
- Distributor: Toho Video Division
The film’s first four cast members were also unveiled:
- Araragi Koyomi: Hiroshi Kamiya
- Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade : Maaya Sakamoto
- Hanekawa Tsubasa: Yui Horie
- Oshino Meme: Takahiro Sakurai