It’s a series about the greatest of all loves, super love!
Earlier today, Crunchyroll announced that they will stream boys-love series Super Lovers on their digital platform. The series will kick off on April 6, at 11:05AM Pacific (2:05PM Eastern) in all regions outside of Asia.
Super Lovers is based on Miyuki Abe’s manga of the same name. The series is being directed by Shinji Ishihira (Fairy Tail, Log Horizon) at Studio DEEN, with Miki Takihara providing character designs. Yoshiko Nakamura (Shōnen Maid, Hiiro no Kakera) is in charge of series composition.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Ren Kaidō: Junko Minagawa
- Haru Kaidō: Tomoaki Maeno
- Haruko D. Dieckmann: Atsuko Tanaka
- Ikuyoshi Sasaki: Ayumu Murase
- Jūzen Kurosaki: Jun Fukushima
- Kiyoka: Mitsuki Saiga
- Kiri Kondō: Ryoko Shiraishi
- Shirō Takamura: Ryotaro Okiayu
- Shima Kaidō: Takuma Terashima
- Mikiko Kashiwagi: Yoko Soumi
- Aki Kaidō: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Crunchyroll describes the series as follows:
Fooled into coming overseas by news of his mother’s imminent death, high school student Kaido Haru encounters a boy who insists that he’s his brother. Haru does his best to raise feral and obstinate Ren, but there seems to be a secret behind Ren’s birth. On top of that, just when Ren begins to warm up to Haru, tragedy strikes. Five years later, Haru reunites with Ren, all grown up in Tokyo, but…
Several character designs, a promotional video, and a TV spot have all been released to promote the series. You can check these out below.