The adventures of Edward and Alphonse Eric will begin anew. This time, they’re taking things to the cinemas!
Earlier today, Cinema Frontline reported several new roles for the upcoming Fullmetal Alchemist film. The movie will star the following:
- Edward Elric: Ryosuke Yamada
- Winry Rockbell: Tsubasa Honda
- Roy Mustang: Dean Fujioka
- Captain Maes Hughes: Ryûta Satô
- Major Shou Tucker: Yo Oizumi
- Lust: Yasuko Matsuyuki
- Envy: Kanata Hongō
- Gluttony: Shinji Uchiyama
The film is currently slated to open in 2017. Fumihiko Sori (Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker, Tomorrow’s Joe) was tapped to direct the feature.
Sources close to the film revealed that the first half of the movie will faithfully recreate Hiromu Arakawa’s original story. The film will diverge from the original work for the second half, which will be an original story.