Far beyond the boundary, past the love, chunibyo, and other delusions, lay the lands of the Violet Evergarden.
Earlier today, Kyoto Animation announced that they will produce an anime adaptation of Kana Akatsuki’s and illustrator Akiko Takase’s Violet Evergarden novel. The project was unveiled in a 45-second TV spot, which features a brief tease of the title in motion:
The commercial’s description features a staff list. Taichi Ishidate (Beyond the Boundary) helmed the teaser, which features character designs by Akiko Takase. The remaining staff includes:
- Storyboard: Taichi Ishidate
- Animation Director: Akiko Takase
- Key Animators: Nami Iwasaki, Fumio Tada, Kohei Okamura, Shinpei Sawa, Nobuaki Maruki, Tatsuya Sato, Miku Kadowaki
- In-Between Animation Check: Hiroko Kuroda
- Color Design: Yūka Yoneda
- Special Effects: Rina Miura
- Background Art: Mikiko Watanabe
- 3D Art: Joji Unoguchi
- Director of Digital Composite: Kōhei Funamoto
- 3D Computer Graphics: Tetsuro Umetsu
As of press time, Kyoto Animation has yet to confirm whether the commercial’s staff will also work on the full project.
The first Violet Evergarden novel hit Japanese bookstores in December. The book, which was published under KA Esuma Bunko’s imprint, won the grand prize in the fifth Kyoto Animation Award program’s novel category in 2014. The win was significant, as it was the first time that any work took top honors at the Kyoto Animation Awards.
Source: Twitter (KyoAni)