Get ready to drift into fall season with Kouta Hirano!
Earlier today, the official Drifters anime website updated with a new TV spot. The 16-second ad features a sample of clothing theme Vermillion by Maon Kurosaki.
Drifters is based on Hellsing creator Kouta Hirano’s manga of the same name. Kenichi Suzuki (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, Gundam Evolve) will helm the project at Hoods Entertainment, with Ryoji Nakamori (Hellsing Ultimate) providing character designs. Hideyuki Kurata (Oreimo, The World God Only Knows) is in charge of series composition.
The series will kick off on Japanese TV on October 7, on TOKYO MX. The show is currently slated to run for 12 episodes.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Shimazu Toyohisa: Yuichi Nakamura
- Hijikata Toshizo: Hiroki Yasumoto
- Scipio Africanus: Hiroshi Yanaka
- Shara: Junji Majima
- Anastasia: Junko Kitanishi
- Jeanne d’Arc: Junko Minagawa
- EASY: Kanae Ito
- Gilles de Rais: Kenji Nomura
- Rasputin: Masahiko Tanaka
- Kafeto: Masakazu Nishida
- Nasu no Yoichi: Mitsuki Saiga
- Murasaki: Mitsuru Miyamoto
- Oda Nobunaga: Naoya Uchida
- Marsha: Sayori Ishizuka
- Olminu: Shiho Kokido
- Black King: Taiten Kusunoki
- Abe no Seimei: Takahiro Sakurai
- Mark: Tomoko Tsuzuki
- Hannibal Barca: Yutaka Aoyama
- Naoshi Kanno: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- Butch Cassidy: Daisuke Ono
- The Sundance Kid: Wataru Takagi
- Genkrou Hangan Yoshitsune: Akira Ishida
Funimation announced that they acquired the rights (video, VOD, streaming, and broadcast) to Drifters at Anime Expo. In July, the company streamed a six-minute promo for the title, which you can check out below: