It looks like the mechanical arms are officially “swole”!
Earlier today, Sae Okamoto’s Kickstarter for Mecha-Ude crossed its $25,000 funding goal. With the goal met, Okamoto and studio Oort will produce a 25-minute pilot for the title, which is slated for completion in December 2017.
Okamoto aims to use the funds to hire additional staff to aid in the production process. As of press time, she hasn’t yet confirmed specific stretch goals for the project.
The campaign has currently raised $25,183 across 395 backers, with an average contribution of $63.75 per backer.
Sae Okamoto will make her directorial début with the project, which is being produced by Trif Studio. Previously, she provided background art for Sushi Police. In addition, Okamoto’s worked as an animator on several projects, including Tenkai Knights and Danchi Tomoo.
Other team members attached to the project include:
- Compositor: Tatsushi Momen (Sushi Police, Director)
- Music: Narasaki (Deadman Wonderland, Paradise Kiss)
- Sound Engineer: Seiji Toda / S.O.L.I.D Sound Lab (Armored Trooper VOTOMS, Code Geass, Gundam Build Fighters)
Okamoto describes Mecha-Ude as:
Hero was a high schooler living an ordinary life.
One day, he meets a very strong and intelligent mechanical arm named “Mecha-ude”. After a strange turn of events, the “Mecha-ude” started living inside Hero’s hoodie and the two’s life full of trouble begins.
As the boy and his “Mecha-ude” fights together and strengthen their bonds, the two also meets new friends who also fights along with each of their own unique “Mecha-ude” partners.
Out of those, one of the heroine has two “Mecha-ude” which appears out of her skirt. An active girl with a totally opposite characteristics from hero himself, he gradually becomes attracted to her.
But the two are confronted with other “Mecha-ude” users who are in search of the secret of “Mecha-ude” relentlessly.
The confirmed Kickstarter reward tiers include:
- $5: Digital Wallpaper, Message & Illustration From Sae Okamoto
- $25: Digital Download of Mecha-Ude, Backer’s Name in Credits, plus all $5 rewards (Limited 300)
- $29: Digital Download of Mecha-Ude, Backer’s Name in Credits, plus all $5 rewards
- $65: Mecha-Ude Blu-Ray or DVD, , plus all $29 rewards
- $115: Mecha-Ude Soundtrack, “Mini Book”, plus all $65 rewards (Limited 300)
- $125: Mecha-Ude Soundtrack, “Mini Book”, plus all $65 rewards
- $300: Original Hoodie, Free Shipping, plus all $125 rewards
- $1,000: Original character figure, plus all $300 rewards
- $10,000: 2 Tickets to a private Screening Party, A2 poster signed by Okamoto, plus all rewards at $1,000 tier (Limited 30)
- $10,000: Dinner with Sae Okamoto, A2 poster signed by Okamoto, plus all rewards at $1,000 tier (Limited 2)