The samurai battles are about to begin. Grab polish your swords and get ready to take down thousands of… oh, right. This is the anime adaptation. Carry on.
Over the weekend, thousands of anime fans descended upon Kansas City’s Overland Park Convention Center for Naka-kon. At the event, Funimation revealed their English dub cast for Samurai Warriors. The series will star the following:
- Yukimura Sanada: Jason Liebrecht
- Nobuyuki Sanada: J. Michael Tatum
- Kunoichi: Skyler Davenport
- Tsukimaru: Heather Walker
- Ina: Morgan Garrett
- Hideyoshi Toyotomi: Jeffrey Schmidt
- Hideyori Toyotomi: Brandon McInnis
- Lady Nene: Jennifer Seman
- Ieyasu Tokugawa: Michael Johnson
- Hidetada Tokugawa: Tyler Walker
- Tadakatsu Honda: Philip Weber
- Ujiyasu Hojo: Jason Douglas
- Kojuro Katakura: Ian Mead Moore
- Keiji Maeda: Brandon Potter
- Takatora Todo: Todd Haberkorn
- Young Yukimura: Luci Christian
- Young Nobuyuki: Morgan Berry
- Narrator: Kent Williams
Tyler Walker is directing the adaptation, which features Jeremy Woods as an ADR Engineer. Neal Malley is working as the mixer.
Funimation will release Samurai Warriors on home video on June 27.
Samurai Warriors is based on Koei Tecmo’s video game franchise of the same name. Kōjin Ochi (Case Closed, La Corda D’Oro – primo passo) directed the series, which aired in the Winter 2015 season, at Tezuka Productions and TYO Animations. Aki Tsunaki (Yamato 2520, Mask of Zeguy) provided character designs for the project, while Yuka Yamada (Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, Neo Angelique Abyss) took charge of series composition.
Funimation describes Samurai Warriors as:
Based on the hit video game, this dramatic re-imagining of one of Japan’s most revered historical periods drops audiences into the middle of an epic battle royal. Great warriors and dashing rogues from cherished Japanese tales come to life in this rousing series. Follow along as your favorite hacking, slashing characters from the video game meet once more on the field of battle.
Source: Funimation Blog