It’s time to meet the newest hires at Eagle Jump.
Earlier today, the official New Game! anime website updated with several new cast reveals. The site unveiled following roles:
- Hotaru Hoshikawa: Manaka Iwami
- Momiji Mochizuki: Arisa Suzuki
- Tsubame Narumi: Hitomi Ohwada
- Wako Christina Yamato: Kaori Nazuka
Visuals for each of the characters were also unveiled, which you can check out below:
New Game! returns to Japanese TV in July.
Over a dozen staff members from New Game!‘s first season will return to work on the upcoming run. Yoshiyuki Fujiwara (Plastic Memories) will return to the director’s chair at Doga Kobo, with Ai Kikuchi (Engaged to the Unidentified) providing character designs. Fumihiko Shimo (Myriad Colors Phantom World) is back in charge of series composition.
Other returning crew members include:
- Chief Animation Director: Ai Kikuchi
- Chief Animation Director: Manamu Amasaki
- Chief Animation Director: Chisato Kikunaga
- Prop Design: Eri Nakajima
- Art Director: Shunsuke Suzuki
- Color design: Kei Ishiguro
- Director of Photography: Takafumi Kuwano
- Editing: Daisuke Hiraki
- Sound Director: Masanori Tsuchiya
- Sound Effects: Yasumasa Koyama
- Sound Production: delfi Sound
- Music: Hajime Hyakkoku
- Music Production: Kadokawa
- Animation Production: Doga Kobo
- Production: New Game! Production Committee
Sumie Kinoshita was promoted to the role of Chief Animation Director, replacing Yūichi Oka. Yuka Itō will join the team as a Color Key Artist.
Furthermore, nine cast members will return to reprise their roles in the series:
Nine cast members will reprise their parts from the show’s first season. The confirmed roles include:
- Aoba Suzukaze: Yūki Takada
- Hajime Shinoda: Megumi Toda
- Hifumi Takimoto: Megumi Yamaguchi
- Kō Yagami: Yōko Hikasa
- Nene Sakura: Madoka Asahina
- Rin Tōyama: Ai Kayano
- Shizuku Hazuki: Eri Kitamura
- Umiko Ahagon: Chitose Morinaga
- Yun Iijima: Ayumi Takeo
Crunchyroll currently streams the first season of the New Game! anime. They describe it as:
After graduating high school, Suzukaze Aoba joins Eagle Jump, the game company that developed Fairies Story, the game she obsessed over as a kid. On her first day as a working member of society, Aoba heads to work swaying in a packed, morning rush hour train. She manages to get to the office building all right but hesitates, wondering if it was really okay for her to take that last step and go inside. That’s when a senior member of staff, Toyama Rin, shows up at work and safely leads Aoba inside the offices of Eagle Jump.