The flower we see that day will be familiar, albeit with key differences from what we once knew.
Earlier today, Aniplex of America announced that they will host the English dub début for anohana – The Flower We Saw That Day‘s TV series at Anime Expo.
A screening will be held on July 2, at 6:30PM in Video 2. The event will be attended by voice actors Griffin Burns, Xanthe Huynh, Erica Lindbeck, Erica Mendez, and Kaiji Tang, as well as director Patrick Seitz.
anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day is an original project from A-1 Pictures. Tatsuyuki Nagai (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Toradora!) directed the show, with Masayoshi Tanaka (High School of the Dead, Anthem of the Heart) providing character designs. Mari Okada (Black Butler, A Lull in the Sea) wrote the scripts.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Jinta Yadomi: Griffin Burns
- Meiko Honma: Xanthe Huynh
- Naruko Anjo: Erica Lindbeck
- Atsumu Matsuyuki: Ray Chase
- Chiriko Tsurumi: Erica Mendez
- Tetsudo Hisakawa: Kaiji Tang
- Atsushi Yadomi: Kirk Thornton
- Toko Yadomi: Laura Post
- Jinta (Child): Tara Sands
- Atsumu (Child): Michelle Ruff
- Poppo (Child): Abby Trott
- Haruna: Cherami Leigh
- Aki: Brianna Knickerbocker
- Manabu Honma: Christopher Smith
- Irene Honma: Karen Strassman
- Satoshi Honma: Marianne Miller
Patrick Seitz was tapped to direct.
Aniplex describes the anohana TV series as:
When we were kids, we were always together.
I was a leader of the group. I was confident. I wasn’t afraid of anything. Until that day that I said something to her — something I would regret for a long time.
I didn’t mean to hurt her. I just thought I would apologize the next day. But that “next day” never came. We all drifted apart, closing off our little wounded hearts.
Time passed, and one summer day a miracle happened. She appeared before me out of the blue.
“I have a wish that I want you to grant for me.”
However, she didn’t remember what her wish was. And so, to realize her “wish,” we will reunite once again at our secret base.
Source: Twitter (aniplexusa)