Soon, the knights in black shall descend upon Japan. Er… again.
Earlier today, Funimation announced their English dub cast for Dies Irae. The series will star the following:
- Reinhard Heydrich: Dave Trosko
- Karl Krafft: Brandon McInnis
- Beatrice von Kircheisen: Alexis Tipton
- Eleonore von Wittenberg: Alex Moore
- Riza Brenner: Caitlin Glass
- Wilhelm Ehrenburg: Aaron Roberts
- Wolfgang Schreiber: Mikeala Krantz
- Rusalka Schwägerin (Anna): Jeannie Tirado
- Valeria Trifa: Ian Sinclair
- Rot Spinne: Marcus Stimac
Tyler Walker is directing the adaptation, which features scripts by Tyson Rinehart. Domonique French is working as ADR Engineer, while Andrew Tipps serves as Mixing Engineer.
Dies Irae will début on FunimationNow on October 24, at 4:00PM Eastern (1:00PM Pacific).
Dies Irae is based on game developer Light’s visual novel of the same name. Susumu Kudo (Coppelion, Sakura Wars 2 OVA) is directing the project at ACGT, with Takaaki Fukuyo providing character designs. Takashi Masada is in charge of series composition for the project.
Funimation describes the show as:
At the end of World War II, sorcerers use the lives lost in battle as a ritual sacrifice in an attempt to resurrect a group of supermen whose coming would signify the world’s end. Yet when the war finally ends, no one knows whether the ritual was a success. Decades pass, and it’s all forgotten until present-day Japan when Ren Fuji has a disturbing dream of black-clothed knights.
Source: Funimation Blog