They can raid it. They can raid it eight times.
Earlier today, Bandai Namco announced that they’re working on a new anime series, titled Sakkai Eightraid. Bandai plans to build hype for the series through the “Eightraid Channel” on their upcoming “&CAST!!!” live streaming app.
Specifically, the Eightraid Channel will include behind-the-scenes specials, which see director Yoshinobu Sena serving as MC as he walks viewers through the anime production process. Sena will share scenes from the show, and host guests. There will also be chances for viewers to participate in the on-screen action.
“&CAST!!!” will launch in Japan this spring. Bandai Namco is taking pre-registrations for users who want to get in day-one.
Sakkai Eightraid will be directed and written by Yoshinobu Sena (Vampire Holmes) at studios Cucuri and Digital Network Animation, with Rururu Kondoh providing character designs.
Other staffers include:
- Original Character Designers: Yuugen
- Warship & Military Machine Designer: Kenji Ando
- Original Monster Designer: Hiroyuki Maeda
- Live-Action Action Director: Go Ohara
- Music: Tetsuya Kobayashi
- Sound Effects: Hiroyuki Kono
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Asuma: Yoshinobu Sena
- Erena: Ayana Taketatsu
Visuals for both characters were also released, which you can check out below.
The series will be set in a parallel universe, where innumerable parallel universes converge. In this world, a link, called a “Prism”, serves as a link between universes. Sometimes, energy filters through, for better or worse. One day, a horde of monsters known as the Eight make their way into the main universe from their parallel dimension.
As one would expect, the Eight begin to run rampant on the new realm they’ve encounterd. Humanity, meanwhile, begins to push back using the power of Skuld. And, like the norse god it’s named after, Skuld users draw their energy from the “power of tomorrow.” The world government begins to assemble Skuld users into a fighting force known as “Norn.”
Even with this power, though, the Eight continue to wreak havoc, with no end in sight. One day, a boy named Asuna, who can use an unspecified ancient weapon is discovered.
The Eightraid Channel is one of several planned for &CAST!!!, including:
- Mikimiko Channel: Anthropomorphized versions of popular sake brands introduce newcomers and veterans alike to the world of sake.
- School Steward: A virtual butler café, which features collaborations with real butler cafes across Japan.
- ShareHouChu!: Toshiyuki Someya runs a virtual household, where he hosts new actors as residents. They’ll engage in talk shows, and generally stream their lives 24/7 à la The Real World.
- Tales of Ambassador Channel: Luke Fone Fabre actor Chihiro Suzuki joins other guests as they attempt to complete the various Tales of games.
You can check out a trailer for &CAST!!! below.