Despite the name, this isn’t about a funky Halloween-themed railroad.
Earlier today, the official Devils’ Line anime website updated with a new teaser trailer and a pair of character visuals. We break the details down below:
The minute-long trailer features a series of silent cuts, playing over Kana Shibue’s score.
Visuals for lead characters Yūki Anzai and Tsukasa Taira were unveiled, which you can check out below.
Devils’ Line will première on Japanese TV in April 2018.
Yoshinobu Tokumoto (Comic Girls) was tapped to direct Devils’ Line at Platinum Vision, with Senri Kawaguchi providing character designs. Kenji Konuta (SerVamp, Blood Lad) and Ayumu Hisao are in charge of series composition for the project.
- Assistant Director: Hideaki Nakano
- Chief Animation Director: Senri Kawaguchi
- Chief Animation Director: Toshimitsu Kobayashi
- Action Animation Director: Yasuhiro Saiki
- Prop Design: Tomokazu Sugimura
- Art Director: Masaki Mayuzumi
- Color Setting: Aiko Yamagami
- Director of Photography: Shigeki Asakawa
- Editing: Kashiko Kimura
- Sound Director: Toru Nakano
- Sound Effects: Eiko Morikawa, Yuki Hayashi
- Sound Production: Pony Canyon Enterprises
- Music: Kana Shibue
- Music Production: King Records
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Yūki Anzai: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- Tsukasa Taira: Yui Ishikawa
- Hans Lee: Ryohei Kimura
- Takashi Sawazaki: Yoshimasa Hosoya
- Juliana Lloyd: Miyuki Sawashiro
- Kirio Kikuhara: Takahiro Sakurai
- Takeshi Makimura: Hiroshi Kamiya
- Nanako Tenjō: Nao Tōyama
- Kenichi Yoshii: Shouta Aoi
- Yōsuke Asami: Kazuyuki Okitsu
- Naoya Ushio: Ryota Ohsaka
- Megumi Ishimaru: Akira Ishida
The series is based on Ryo Hanada’s manga of the same name. The original manga made its debut in Kodansha’s Morning two magazine in March 2013. To date, ten volumes have been publish, with the eleventh slated to ship to retailers in March 2018.
Vertical currently holds the rights to the manga, which they release in English. They describe Devils’ Line as:
Tsukasa, a college student, is rescued from an attack by a devil, one of many vampires that can blend in among the human population. Anzai, her savior, is a half-devil who exploits his supernatural gifts as a member of a shadowy police task force that specializes in devil-related crime in Tokyo. As Anzai continues to keep guard over Tsukasa, the two quickly forge a tentative bond—one that Anzai fears will test his iron-clad rule of never drinking human blood…
Source: Comic Natalie