Though the blue bird awaits, its song carries a somber lilt.
Earlier today, the official Liz to Aoitori (Liz und ein Blauer Vogel / Liz and the Bluebird) website updated with the show’s main cast members. The film will star the following:
- Ririka Kenzaki: Shiori Sugiura
- Mizore Yoroizuka: Atsumi Tanezaki
- Nozomi Kasaki: Nao Tōyama
- Natsuki Nakagawa: Konomi Fujimura
- Yūko Yoshikawa: Yuri Yamaoka
- Kumiko Ōmae: Tomoyo Kurosawa
- Hazuki Katō: Ayaka Asai
- Sapphire “Midori” Kawashima: Moe Toyota
- Reina Kōsaka: Chika Anzai
Ririka Kenzaki is a new character for the film. She’s a first-year oboist who attempts to bond with upperclassman (and fellow oboe player) Mizore Yoroizuka.
All other cast members are reprising their roles from the original Sound! Euphonium TV series. Visuals for the characters were also unveiled, which you can check out below.
Liz to Aoitori hits Japanese theaters on April 21.
Naoko Yamada (K-On!, A Silent Voice) was tapped to direct Liz to Aoitori at Kyoto Animation, with Futoshi Nishiya (Free! – Iwatobi Swim Club, Nichijou – My Ordinary Life) providing character designs. Reiko Yoshida (The Cat Returns, Girls und Panzer) is writing the feature’s script.
Addiitonal staff includes:
- Art Director: Mutsuo Shinohara
- Music: Kensuke Ushio
- Color Design: Naomi Ishida
- Instrument Setting: Hiroyuki Takahashi
- Director of Photography: Kazuya Takao
- 3D Director: Tetsuo Umetsu
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Music Production: Lantis
- Music Production Cooperation: Senzoku Gakuen College of Music
- Music Supervision: Masahiro Ōwada
Previously confirmed cast members include:
- Satomi Niiyama: Houko Kuwashima
- Masahiro Hashimoto: Yūichi Nakamura
- Noboru Taki: Takahiro Sakurai
Liz to Aoitori is a spinoff from Sound! Euphonium, which will focus on third-year students Nozomi Kasaki and Mizore Yoroizuka. The feature was originally unveiled in October 2017.