So, we have three villains and, er… some dude. (That’s a joke, folks!)
Earlier today, the official My Hero Academia anime website updated with four new cast members. The series will add the following:
- Twice (Quirk: “Double”): Daichi Endō
- Mr. Compress (Quirk: “Compress”): Tsuguo Mogami
- Spinner: Ryō Iwasaki
- Magne (Quirk: “Magnetism”): Satoru Inoue
Visuals for all four characters were also revealed, which you can check out below:
My Hero Academia‘s third season premieres on April 7. The new will focus on the original manga’s “Forest School Trip” arc. Funimation will stream the first six episodes day and date with the Japanese episode premieres. The new season will run for 25 episodes.
My Hero Academia is based on Kohei Horikoshi’s manga of the same name. Kenji Nagasaki will return to direct the new season at Bones, with Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Trigun) penning the show’s scripts. Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk) is in charge of character designs.
UVERWORLD will provide opening theme song Odd Future, while Miwa performs the show’s closing theme song.
New cast members for the run include:
- Mandalay (“Telepath” Quirk): Chisa Suganuma
- Ragdoll (“Search” Quirk): Meiko Kawasaki
- Tora (“Pliabody” Quirk): Shinnosuke Ogami
- Pixie-bob (“Earth Flow” Quirk): Serina Machiyama
- Kōta Izumi: Michiru Yamazaki
- Mustard (Quirk: Sleep Gas): Kiyotaka Furushima
- Moonfish (Quirk: Tooth Blade): Shuhei Matsuda
- Muscular (Quirk: Muscle Augment): Kousuke Takaguchi
Ragdoll, Pixie-bob, Tora, and Ragdoll are members of the “Pussycats” Hero team. Mustard, Moonfish, and Muscular are members of the League of Villains. Kōta Izumi is a child who lost his parents, and grew to hate Heroes.
Funimation describes the new season as:
Summer is here, and the heroes of Class 1-A and 1-B are in for the toughest training camp of their lives! A group of seasoned pros pushes everyone’s Quirks to new heights as the students face one overwhelming challenge after another. Braving the elements in this secret location becomes the least of their worries when routine training turns into a critical struggle for survival.
Source: Funimation (Press Release)