It looks like fans will be able to explore Violet’s world once more.
Earlier today, the Violet Evergarden anime’s official Twitter account announced that a new anime project is in the works. The work is described as a “completely new” title.
The Violet Evergarden anime hits Netflix in the United States tomorrow. The series originally began airing on Japanese TV on January 10. Netflix started simulcasting the series outside of the United States on January 11.
Taichi Ishidate (Beyond the Boundary) is directing the project at Kyoto Animation, with Akiko Takase providing character designs. Reiko Yoshida (K-On!! franchise, Girls und Panzer) is in charge of series composition.
TRUE was tapped to perform the show’s opening theme.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Music: Evan Call
- 3D Director: Rin Yamamoto
- Art Director: Mikiko Watanabe
- Color Design: Yūka Yoneda
- Director of Photography: Kōhei Funamoto
- Editing: Kengo Shigemura
- Music Producer: Shigeru Saitō
- Prop Design: Hiroyuki Takahashi, Minoru Ōta
- World Setting: Takaaki Suzuki
The Japanese voice cast includes:
- Violet Evergarden: Yui Ishikawa
- Claudia Hodgins: Takehito Koyasu
- Gilbert Bougainvillea: Daisuke Namikawa
- Cattleya Baudelaire: Aya Endo
- Benedict Blue: Kōki Uchiyama
- Erica Brown: Minori Chihara
- Iris Cannary: Haruka Tomatsu
The Violet Evergarden anime made its world debut at Anime Expo 2017. The convention described the title as:
There are words Violet heard on the battlefield, which she cannot forget. These words were given to her by someone she holds dear, more than anyone else. She does not yet know their meaning.
A certain point in time, in the continent of Telesis. The great war which divided the continent into North and South has ended after four years, and the people are welcoming a new generation.
Violet Evergarden, a young girl formerly known as “the weapon”, has left the battlefield to start a new life at CH Postal Service. There, she is deeply moved by the work of “Auto Memories Dolls”, who carry people’s thoughts and convert them into words.
Violet begins her journey as an Auto Memories Doll, and comes face to face with various people’s emotions and differing shapes of love. All the while searching for the meaning of those words.