It’s almost time to set off on an all-new grand Pokémon adventure!
The official Pokémon movie website updated witha new teaser trailer for upcoming movie Pokémon the Movie: Everyone’s Story (Gekijōban Pocket Monster: Minna no Monogatari). The 102-second promo introduces the film’s new characters, as well as the major plot points.
Pokémon the Movie: Everyone’s Story hits Japanese theaters on July 13.
Tetsuo Yajima (Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You!, Pokémon XY) is returning to direct the project at Oriental Light and Magic and Wit Studio. Shizue Kaneko (Monster Strike The Movie, If Her Flag Breaks) is providing character designs for the film.
The feature’s script will be written by the team of Eiji Umehara (Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-, Lagrange – The Flower of Rin-ne) and Aya Takaha (The Ancient Magus’ Bride). Kunihiko Yuyama, meanwhile, will serve as animation supervisor for the project.
Oriental Light and Magic has been the go-to studio for the Pokémon anime franchise. The studio has served as the main production house for the brand since the TV series launched in 1997.
This is the first time that Wit Studio is listed as a main production house for a Pokémon movie. In the past, they have provided production assistance on projects.
The film will star the following:
- Ash/Satoshi: Rica Matsumoto
- Ash/Satoshi’s Pikachu: Ikue Ōtani
- Jessie/Musashi: Megumi Hayashibara
- James/Kojiro: Shinichiro Miki
- Meowth/Nyarth: Inuko Inuyama
- Narrator: Unshō Ishizuka
All of the confirmed cast members are reprising their roles from the original TV series. Other characters who haven’t had their roles confirmed include:
- Lisa: A high school student (and total Pokémon n00b).
- Kagachi: A braggart with a penchant for stretching the truth.
- Torito: A faint-hearted researcher who has trouble mustering confidence in himself.
- Hisui: A peculiar old woman who despises Pokémon.
- Rarugo: A mysterious young lady.
Sources: Twitter (pKjd)