It looks like we’re Josuke in all his forms today!
On July 6, Viz Media announced that they acquired the rights to the live-action JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable movie. No further details have been announced as of press time.
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable made its global début on July 2, 2017 at Switzerland’s Neuchâtel International Fantastic Film Festival. The feature was also screened at Montreal’s Fantasia International Film Festival.
The feature opened in Japanese theaters on August 4, 2017.
Takashi Miike (Ichi the Killer, Ace Attorney) was tapped to direct the project.
The confirmed cast includes:
- Josuke Higashikata: Kento Yamazaki
- Koichi Hirose: Ryunosuke Kamiki
- Yukako Yamagishi: Nana Komatsu
- Keicho Nijimura: Masaki Okada
- Okuyasu Nijimura: Mackenyu
- Anjuro Katagiri: Takayuki Yamada
- Jotaro Kujo: Yusuke Iseya
- Tomoko Higashikata: Alisa Mizuki
- Ryohei Higashikata: Jun Kunimura
Filming on the project took place in in Sitges, Spain, as well as Japan. Though the manga’s city of Morioh is based on Sendai, Miike noted that he launched the project by scouting for locations on a global scale. In his search, Miike came across Sitges, and decided that it fits the fictional city.
Source: Twitter (VizMedia)