Can I get an “It’s morphin’ time!” in here?
There we go.
Yesterday, studio Lionsgate released the first movie poster for the upcoming Power Rangers film. The image features silhouettes of the main cast, with the tagline “together we are more” set against a smattering of stars that form the shape of a lightning bolt.
In the poster, the actors are posing in their street clothes, rather than the new Ranger suits. Entertainment publication Entertainment Weekly did reveal a shot of the team in their battle gear last month, though, which you can check out below:
On Tuesday, Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston announced that he will play Zordon in the flick.
Excited to play #Zordon in the #PowerRangersMovie! T or F: #BlueRanger Billy Cranston was named after what actor? https://t.co/d3ltjpcDKb
— Bryan Cranston (@BryanCranston) June 21, 2016
Lionsgate describe the new Power Rangers movie as:
Saban’s Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.
The confirmed cast for the film includes:
- Jason (Red Ranger): Dacre Montgomery
- Billy (Blue Ranger): R.J. Cyler
- Kimberly (Pink Ranger): Naomi Scott
- Zack (Black Ranger): Ludi Lin
- Trini (Yellow Ranger): Becky Gomez
- Rita Repulsa: Elizabeth Banks
- Sam Scott (Jason’s Father): David Denman
Dean Israelite (Project Almanac) is in the director’s chair for the movie, which features a script by John Gatins (Kong: Skull Island, Real Steel), Burk Sharpless, Matt Sazama (Dracula Untold), Max Landis (Chronicle), Zack Stentz, and Ashley Miller (X-Men: First Class, Thor).
Haim Saban, Brian Casentini, Wyck Godfrey, and Marty Bowen are serving as producers on the film. Allison Shearmur and Brent O’Connor will executive produce.
Other staff members include:
- Music: Brian Tyler (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
- Costume Design: Kelli Jones (Straight Outta Compton)
- Set Design: Hamish Purdy (The Revenant)
- Suit Design & Visual Effects: Weta Workshop (The Lord of the Rings)
- Stunt Coordinator: Paul Jennings
- Production Designer: Andrew Menzies
- Director of Photography: Matt Lloyd