Today’s apparently a day for light-hearted monster mayhem.
Earlier today, Toho began streaming a 90-second promotional video for the Monster Musume anime series. The teaser shows off the first animation for the series, and highlights each of the six main monster girls.
Before we go further, I should point out that this is absolutely not safe for work.
The trailer uses opening theme Saikōsoku Fall in Love (Highest Speed Fall in Love), which is performed by all six female leads, as a backing musical track.
The Monster Musume anime series was first revealed in March. The wraparound for the seventh volume of the Monster Musume manga contained an announcement that the series was greenlit for production.
The series will be helmed by Yatterman Night director Tatsuya Yoshihara, and animated by studios Lerche (Assassination Classroom) and Seva.
The rest of the crew is as follows:
- Series Composition & Screenplay: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Yatterman Night, Ben-To)
- Character Design: Tatsuya Sunagawa
- Assistant Character Design: Shunji Akasaka
- Animation Direction: Tatsuya Sunagawa (Muromi-san) & Shunji Akasaka
- Sound Direction: Hiroto Morishita
- Music: manzo (Is This a Zombie?) and Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Blue Spring Ride, Hyperdimension Neptunia)
- Miia: Sora Amamiya
- Papi: Ami Koshimizu
- Centorea: Natsuki Aikawa
- Meroune “Mero” Lorelei (Mermaid): Huruka Yamazaki
- Rachnera “Rachnee” Arachnera (Drider): Sakura Nakamura
- Suu (Slime Girl): Mayuka Nomura
Monster Musume will hit Japanese TV in July. An advance screening event is planned for June 20, at the Odaiba Cinema Mediage
Two key visuals, as well as several character design sheets were released for the series, which we’ve provided below: